Trailers Exceeding 4,500 Pounds Actual Gross Weight or Registered Weight For are required to be Inspected Annually.
EXEMPTIONS: Trailers Registered for Farm Use
For a more detailed explanation of each item of inspection, go to "Items of Inspection"
1. Brake system ( trailers with a GVW over 4500 lbs. must have brakes on atleast one axle.
3. Wheel Assembly
4. Safety Flaps, if four tires or more on rear axle) Pole Trailers exempt.
5. Tail Lamps (2)
6. Stop Lamps (2)
7. License Plate Lamp (1) Must be visible for 50 feet
8. Rear Red Reflectors (2)
9. Turn Signal Lamps (2)
10. Clearance Lamps (if height limits are met)
11. Side Marker Lamps
12. Side Reflectors
13. Side Marker Lamps and Reflectors (30 feet or more in overall length).
14. The VIN Number is required to be on all vehicles. The inspection can not be done if the VIN is not on the vehicle. If your trailer has not been assigned a state vin, this must be done prior to seeing us for your inspection: For more information, Contact (903) 593-6090 527 W. Erwin Tyler, TX . You will need to take your trailer here fist. They only offer this service on Mondays at 9AM. The VIN number must be on the trailer prior to starting an inspection.
15. Provide current insurance on the vehicle which is pulling the trailer.