PINE TREE INSPECTIONS 606 PINE TREE ROAD LONGVIEW, TX 75604
Located 2 blocks north of Loop 281 - across from the Dollar General Store
We Inspect - CARS, TRUCKS, MOTORCYCLES, MOTORHOMES, TRAVEL TRAILERS and UTILITY TRAILERS over 7500 lb. GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT (GVW) as of Sep 1, 2017.
SORRY; We do NOT perform DOT Commercial Vehicle Inspections
* * * * * * * Common Reasons for Inspection Failure * * * * * * *
3rd Brake Light - MUST work as of Jan 1, 2017 Lights and Blinkers do not work Steering Fluid LOW Brake Fluid LOW e-Brake / Parking brake will not hold
* * * * * * * Inspection Procedure * * * * * * *
What to bring to your Texas Vehicle Safety Inspection....easy as 1, 2, 3;
1. PROOF OF INSURANCE - current "VALID" insurance is REQUIRED! 2. VEHICLE TO BE INSPECTED - (Trailers - show proof of insurance on the vehicle pulling the trailer) 3. Payment - Texas state law requires payment to be made whether your vehicle passes or fails an inspection.
NOTE: If a your vehicle fails, then you are offered a free re-inspect on the failed vehicle FREE OF CHARGE "IF" the repairs are done and the vehicle is returned for a re-inspect within 15 days of your initial inspection.
(this is NOT everything - if your vehicle is deemed NOT safe for the road it WILL FAIL Inspection)
1. 3rd Brake MUST work - ***** NEW REQUIREMENT AS OF JAN 1, 2017 ***** 2. Horn - must work and be a "normal" horn...can NOT be a Train Horn, Oooga Horn, Dixie Horn or Harsh sounding - very load or too quite 3. Windshield Wipers - All arms must work. Blades not torn more than half-inch on both ends of wiper or 1 inch in total. Can NOT be old and dry rotted 4. Mirrors - securely mounted and not busted 5. Steering - fully operates left and right 6. Seat belts - front belts are inspected. Must be securely mounted not ripped/frayed 7. Brake system (e-Brake / Parking – beginning with 1960 models) - must hold vehicle in place 8. Tires - 2/32 inch tread depth or more is REQUIRED. No "Temp" tires or "Donuts" 9. Wheel assembly - ALL wheels must have ALL lug nuts installed and tight 10. Exhaust - if vehicle was made with a CATALYTIC CONVERTER, it MUST be INSTALLED. Must have muffler, resonator, all manufactured emission control devices and exhaust pipe must exit from under vehicle 11. High Beam Indicator (beginning with 1948 model vehicles) - must come on dash when activated 12. Tail lamps - (2) are required - OR - (1) if vehicle is 1959 model or earlier 13. Stop lamps - (2) are required - OR - (1) if vehicle is1959 model or earlier 14. License Plate Lamp - (1) 15. Rear Red Reflectors - (2) 16. Turn Signal Lamps (2) beginning with 1960 model vehicles 17. Head Lamps - (2) BOTH High and Low Beams ARE required to work 18. Window Tint - MUST be 25% or greater on front driver and passenger door windows and NOT below "AS1" line on windshield 19. Gas Caps - on vehicles 2-24 years old must retain pressure 20. Steering Fluid Level - MUST be with in 1 inch from top of reservoir 21. Brake Fluid Level - MUST be with in 1 inch from top of reservoir 22. Motor Serial or Vehicle Identification Number - All models
ANY AND ALL OTHER SAFETY ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS!
Tip - Don't wait until the last minute to have your vehicle inspected. We recommend you come anytime within 90 days of the Registrations expiration date. You may register your vehicle anytime after you have passed the inspection.
* ALL TEXAS VEHICLE INSPECTION STATIONS ARE CONTROLLED BY THE TEXAS REGULATORY SYSTEM (Texas Department of Public Safety) AND ARE REQUIRED TO ABIDE BY THE RULES AND REGULATIONS SET FORTH IN THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY MANUAL . FOR PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS PLEASE CALL 903-758-1790 PRESS 3
Welcome to Pine Tree Inspections,
Pine Tree Inspections was established in 1994. We do our best to perform prompt Vehicle Inspections. Our customers value the friendly atmosphere and the hometown service of dealing with a locally family owned business. Dave and Michelle are a retired military family and FULLY support all of our Military Branches (Air Force, Army, Marines and Navy), Law Enforcement, First Responders and Teachers. We LOVE you guys and appreciate ALL you do for us. KEEP UP YOUR GREAT WORK !!!
If you have just moved to Texas or you have lived in the area for years, Pine Tree Inspections would like to help you with the process of getting your vehicle inspected and registered in the State of Texas. At Pine Tree Inspections our only service is performing Texas State Vehicle Inspections.....no waiting for other services to be completed as we are not an oil change facility nor an auto repair facility....we perform FAST, ACCURATE and HONEST inspections.
If you have any questions about your auto inspection, please feel free to call us at 903-295-1088.