- - - - - Common Inspection Items - - - - -
* * * INSURANCE * * *
YES, current and valid insurance is REQUIRED to complete any inspection....Paper Copy or Electronic Version...on your phone is fine.
$7 - Each Inspection cost $7
This cost is set by the State of Texas. This fee is paid PASS or FAIL. It is collected for doing the inspection. "IF" you fail because of an issue(s), you are given "15" days to correct the issue(s) and then return for a FREE re-inspect.
* * * DIESEL VEHICLES - NOT DELETED * * *
All vehicles WILL be inspected for the original equipment made for your YR/MAKE/MODEL. You can NOT remove ANY emission control device or component. "IF" your vehicle was made with a particular component it IS required to be there to pass a LEGAL state inspection. Example - Exhaust NOT removed/altered, Emission sensors NOT removed/disconnected, EGR NOT removed/disconnected, Diesel Exhaust Fluid NOT removed/altered.
The items below are STATE of TEXAS general inspection requirements - Additional requirements may apply depending on the YEAR/MAKE/MODEL of your vehicle.
- 20 MPH - 0 MPH brake check
- WIPERS - can NOT be ripped more than 1/2 inch total.
- HORN - NO air horns. MUST be a normal sounding stock horn.
- ALL LIGHT LENS/COVERS - NO HOLES in lens...crack is fine....NO HOLES.
- BLINKERS - ALL working.
- HEADLIGHTS - BOTH High and BOTH Low Beams must work.
- TINT - MUST measure 25% or a higher number on front two doors. Windshield can NOT be tinted. Visor/brow must not be below the "AS1" line or lower than 5 inches below the top of the windshield.
- BRAKE LIGHTS - All MUST work..3rd brake light included.
- BRAKE FLUID - Level Between MIN and MAX.
- STEERING FLUID - Level Between MIN and MAX.
- LICENSE PLATE LIGHT - At least 1 working with good cover.
- TIRES - 2/32" tread depth or more.
- WHEELS - All lug nuts installed.
- PARKING BRAKE - Holds vehicle steady while in drive.
- GAS CAP - All vehicles MUST have good seal and pass cap test.
- CATALYTIC CONVERTERS / MUFFLERS - MUST be installed. NO holes. Tail pipe MUST exit from under the vehicle.
The above is ONLY a general guide of inspection items. Additional items as required by the state of Texas may be required/apply to your particular vehicle. State Inspectors are available to answer any questions you may have.